Sunday, July 30, 2006

Triumph over Penang Bridge !!!!

Wooo Hoooo.....I had conquest Penang Bridge !!!! Now I'm 100% authentic "Penang Kia". Why I say so ? It's because a lot of my friends say "How can you consider yourself a "Penang Kia"...when you never participate in the Penang Bridge Marathon before?" I know this is a tough question for me.....even the Half Marathon is enough to kill my feet. 22.3 Km ? Don't even mention 44.3 Km for the Full Marathon.

But....hahahaha....I had accomplish the Half Marathon today within 3 hours !!!!!

Today I woke up at 3.30 am to prepare myself for the Men's Open Half Marathon. Frankly speaking, actually I cannot manage to sleep well the whole night....don't know why ? hmmm...maybe because a lot of pressure on me as I never do this before. This will be my first time......using my own feet to complete the 22.3 Km Marathon.

Me and my certificate + medal for completing the Men's Open Half Marathon.



Look so exhausted but still manage to say "cheese" for the camera. Hehehe.......



Yes...we have done it. Together with one of my colleague "Sky Tan".



I'm so proud to show it off "Tada" my lucky number. This is my number for the Men's Open.



Here is some History of Penang Bridge.
The Penang Bridge is a 13.5 Km long bridge stretching from Seberang Perai on the mainland to Gelugor on the island, this is one of the many architectural wonder in Malaysia and was officially opened in September 1988, offering a beautiful view of the open sea, ships and a sprawling coastline.

Continue.....
The registration going to start from 4.00 am - 5.00 am and the Penang Bridge International Half Marathon will start at 5.30 am. The Full Marathon already been flag off at 4.00 am in the morning. The categories are Men's Open, Women's Open, Men's Veterans, Women's Veterans, Boys and Girls. As there is more then 9,000 runners, including foreigners, will throng the Penang Bridge early today. The Penang Bridge International Marathon was previously known as the Penang Bridge Run and last held tow years ago. It is now combined with another major sporting event, the Penang International Marathon, last held in 1999.

So this is why they called the event "Penang Bridge Internationl Marathon". Sound also more International a bit......hahahaha !!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's indeed a sweet memory.

Let's join 2008 Penang bridge run!

It's back.